The good stuff:
- Cauliflower is a super cruciferous vegetable with SO many health benefits and can be so versatile in the kitchen!
- Cauliflower is documented to fight cancer due to sulforphane- a sulfur compound that kills cancer stem cells.
- Sulforphane also helps improve blood pressure and kidney function.
- Just like turmeric (in this recipe), cauliflower has anti-inflammatory properties- helping your body stay stronger and healthier.
- It’s also packed with all sorts of vitamins & minerals along with fiber. All together, this means cauliflower helps detoxify the body and improve digestion.
- You can eat cauliflower raw, cooked, in salads, curries, roasted, as “rice” and as cheese cream substitutes- just to state a few examples 🙂
- Cauliflower- cut into florets
- Coconut oil
- Garlic- finely chopped
- Turmeric- ground
- Cashews- toasted
- Cilantro- fresh & chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C
- Place the cauliflower florets on a baking tray
- In a seperate container, mix the coconut oil + ground turmeric + finely chopped garlic + pinch of salt
- Drizzle this mixture all over the cauliflower florets and mix everything together.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Transfer to a large plate or bowl, add the chopped cilantro & toasted cashews and mix everything together 🙂