The good stuff:
- Sweet potatoes: whether they’re orange or yellow or purple, all sweet potatoes are good for you!
- Sweet potatoes are natural anti-stress foods! They’re full of magnesium. Magnesium helps you to chill out and feel less tense. Magnesium is also good for heart health & nerve function.
- Sweet potatoes are also rich in potassium- an important electrolyte for a healthy heart and nerve function.
- Like many other fruits or vegetables, sweet potatoes are rich in Vitamin C- a very important antioxidant to ward off disease.
- When consuming sweet potato, enjoy it with the skin- which is equally rich in nutrients.
- Sweet potatoes
- Fresh cilantro- chopped
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Olive Oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Dice the potatoes
- Cook in boiling water for about 15 minutes- until soft
- Drain and place in a bowl
- While still warm, add the fresh cilantro, tomatoes, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and pinch of salt
- Mix everything together and enjoy warm- or place in a container in the fridge and enjoy cold. I personally enjoy this salad warm 🙂