The good stuff:
- Olives are very high in Vitamin E (the stuff that’s in anti-ageing creams) and antioxidants.
- As a healthy fat, olives are used to make olive oil- one of the most flavourful and nutritious oils out there.
- Over 70% of the fat content is oleic acid- a monosaturated fat known for decreased inflammation and reduced heart disease.
- Olives preserved in water, drained
- Roasted almonds
- Dried abricots- diced
- Olive oil
- Garlic- very finely chopped
- Mint- chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients together and store in a glass container for at least 1 week.
- Shake the container every 2 days
- After 1 week, your bland water-preserved olives will taste INCREDIBLE and like a million bucks!
- Note: your glass container must be DRY and it’s best to leave it out of the fridge (so that the oil doesn’t coagulate).