The good stuff:
- Zucchini (also known as courgette) is a versatile fruit (yes, it’s a fruit!) that you’ll find in green or yellow! It’s delicious raw and cooked!
- If you’re looking to lose weight, be sure to load up on zucchini- it’s low in calories and keeps you full!
- But aside of being good for weight loss (because that’s really not the only good thing about zucchini!), it’s an outstanding source of Vitamin C and fiber. Significant Vitamin C & fiber means you keep infections at bay. Vitamin C combats nasty viruses and fiber detoxifies the body.
- 95% of zucchini is water content: high water content fruits or vegetables help keep your skin looking bright, youthful and supple!
- Zucchini also contains good amounts of potassium, magnesium & Vitamin A.
- Zucchini- grated (just like carrots!)
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice OR apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh herb of your choice, finely chopped (parsley, cilantro, mint…pick your favourite!)
- Mix all ingredients together except for the avocado
- Serve with slices of avocado on top.
- Enjoy this very good-for-you green salad!