The good stuff:
- Well- there are no fruits or veggies in this recipe, BUT! I do believe that if you’re going to be craving something sweet and you can’t resist it 1) you should give in to avoid frustration and a major binge later on (trust me, I know what I’m talking about here lol) and 2) you’re better off making it yourself instead of buying processed sweets OR buying overpriced sweet treats marketed as “healthy” yet cost an arm & a leg!
- Chocolate: chocolate is not so bad for you, especially if you’re dealing with a good quality product. I personally like to use chocolate with at least 60% cocoa content and lactose-free. Chocolate can uplift your mood, give you a much needed energy boost and just makes everyone a little happier 🙂
- Chocolate, especially dark and cocoa nibs, contains important levels of antioxidants and phytochemicals.
- Homemade chocolate barks are super easy and you can get as creative as you want! Here, we’re going all funky with banana chips & honey peanuts. Sweet & savoury on chocolate works!
- Bittersweet chocolate, 60% cocoa minimum. Try to find lactose-free chocolate.
- Banana chips, crushed
- Honey peanuts, chopped
- Parchment/baking paper
- A bit of odourless vegetable oil
- Let’s set up first. Layer a baking pan with parchment paper. Oil it lightly (this will prevent the chocolate from sticking on the paper).
- Have your banana chips & honey peanuts in separate bowls, at hand near you.
- Now: melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. All your equipment must be perfectly DRY. Chocolate + water is a major no-no.
- Keep stirring the chocolate until perfectly smooth and glossy. You don’t want it to boil- it just has to be silky smooth.
- Now, pour the chocolate into your baking pan (lined with parchment paper). You want the chocolate thickness to be similar to that of a regular chocolate bark.
- Then while the chocolate is still melted, sprinkle the banana chips and honey peanuts all over!
- Transfer to your fridge and let it set for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from fridge, peel off parchment paper and enjoy 🙂