The good stuff:
- I’ve shared the health benefits of mangoes here: it’s an amazing fruit that is not only deliciously sweet, but packed with so many nutrients!
- Mangoes are versatile and can be consumed in both sweet & savoury ways- so don’t limit yourself 🙂
- This mango salad dressing is absolutely dreamy- I make it whenever mangoes are in season. It’s sweet with a kick of garlic & cumin in the background. It’s creamy texture lends particularly well with vegetables that “hug” the sauce (ex: kale, which is what I recommend)
- 1 Ripe Mango, peeled & chopped (preferably not the stringy variety)
- 1 garlic clove- chopped
- Pint of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 3 Limes (juice of) or 1 lemon (juice of)
- Water (if necessary)
- Add all ingredients (except salt & cumin) into the blender.
- Add more of the oil and citrus if necessary. You can also thin out further with a bit of water.
- Add cumin & salt to your personal preference – taste as you go!
- This mango dressing goes particularly well with curly kale.
- It also makes great gifts & stores well in the fridge.
- You can also add chopped fresh herbs to this dressing: I especially like basil with mangoes!