The good stuff:
- This is an EXTRA flavorful lentil curry cooked in a medley of good-for-you ingredients and packs a ton of plant-based protein & iron.
- Lentils are relative to other pulses, one of the quicker ones to cook (it takes me about 20 minutes). They are rich in dietary fiber and protein. Lentils are also a good source of magnesium- which is important for the nerves.
- This recipe also contains spinach (leafy green!), cilantro (detoxifier), ginger (super spice) and coconut milk (healthy fats). So it’s all a WIN!
- 3 cups lentils (pre-cooked)
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Curry spices
- Pinch of mustard spice
- A good hefty inch of ginger, chopped
- Coconut oil
- In a large pot, drizzle some coconut oil and cook the onions, garlic, ginger, curry & mustard until translucent.
- Then add the spinach and cilantro and cook on high heat for 4 minutes.
- Now transfer all these ingredients into a blender. Add coconut milk and blend. Set aside.
- Back to your pot: place some coconut oil and cook the tomatoes until soft.
- Add the lentils and mix everything together.
- Now add the blended mix and cook everything on medium heat for about 7 minutes. Season with salt to your taste.