The good stuff:
- Watercress is the most nutrient dense vegetable EVER! And guess what guys? It grows in Jamaica and you can find it at the supermarket every now and then (and it’s cheap!) So everytime I find watercress, I buy some!
- While it has a slightly bitter taste, there are ways to enjoy it abundantly in super flavourful ways- you won’t even notice it’s bitter flavour!
- I pair it here with extra greens (grated zucchini), fiber & protein (chickpeas) & a touch of sweetness with some dried dates (source of minerals & fiber). This is literally a super salad that is SO EASY to put together- so you have no excuse to miss out on all it’s health benefits!
- A large bunch of watercress- washed
- 1 large zucchini (courgette)- washed and grated
- 1 can of chickpeas
- Curry spices
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar (balsamic could be nice too 🙂 )
- Just a few dried dates- no seeds, chopped coarsly
- Pinch of salt
- Open the can of chickpeas, transfer to a sieve and RINSE WELL! Set aside
- In a pan, drizzle some oil, toss in the chickpeas, some curry spices, garlic powder and sear for about 5 minutes on high heat. You basically just want to give those chickpeas a flavour- real quick!
- Now, bring a large bowl!
- Chop your watercress (keep the stems and all!) and place in bowl
- Add the grated zucchini in the bowl too
- Add the dried dates & the chickpeas
- Then drizzle olive oil + vinegar, a pinch of salt and mix everything together!
- Voila- you just made an EXTRA HEALTHY SALAD in NO TIME AT ALL! 🙂