As you guys know, I’m always happy to see more veggies on the supermarket shelves! And since the beginning of this year, 2018, I’ve started to see so much plant-based action all across Jamaica- it really makes me happy as it clearly indicates that there’s growing awareness around healthy foods!
Obviously- I was thrilled to see a product that helps us all sneak more veggies into our diets! Voodles, a local product, just hit the market with their cool range of organic, locally grown carrot & zucchini noodles- aka “Voodles” 🙂 So if you don’t have a spiralizer at home, fret not! Grab a pack and get creative! I’ll be sharing another recipe soon, but in the meantime, here’s an extra easy, exciting fusion inspired way to use your Voodles!
- 1 pack of carrot Voodles
- 2 cups of spinach- chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Thai curry paste mixed with 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 3 garlic cloves- chopped
- A few Ackees (already cooked)
- Bunch Cilantro- chopped
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/3 scotch bonnet (optional)
- Peanuts, chopped
- Coconut oil
- Drizzle some coconut oil in a large pan, add the scotch bonnet & the red bell peppers. Cook until soft.
- Then add the carrot Voodles and the thai curry/peanut butter combination, the chopped garlic and mix everything WELL until all the noodles are coated! You can add a bit of water to help the paste blend all throughout.
- Cover pot and cook on medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Remove lid and add spinach, sesame seeds, peanuts, ackee, cilantro and mix everything together gently and cook on high heat for 3 minutes.