Guyz- this stuff is seriously addictive! It’s like an uber gourmet version of crackers inspired by the quintessentially Jamaican Jerk seasoning! I make these using whole wheat flour and the addition of flax seed. Give this a try when you can 🙂
- 60 gr coconut oil
- 130gr whole wheat flour OR breadfruit flour (to make it gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning
- A handful of flax seeds
- Cold water- if necessary
- Mix the coconut oil, whole wheat/breadfruit flour, jerk seasoning & flax seeds. The dough should hold together without crumbling. If it’s crumbling, add a BIT of cold water. And by a BIT I mean “A BIT”.
- Form cracker dough into a ball.
- Place cracker dough in fridge for 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a baking tray with greased parchment paper.
- Remove dough from fridge. Dust your working surface with a bit of flour and roll out the dough and cut into your desired shape (I just use a knife and cut out rectangles or squares).
- Place the cut-out crackers on the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove, let cool and enjoy 🙂