GUYZ- I think I am officially addicted to these carrot fries.
I don’t always latch on trends, but I started to see carrot fries floating on the internets- and I gave it a try a while back. It was OK-ish, but something was still not right. So now that carrots are so cheap, I decided to give it a go again.
I’ve realized the trick to perfect carrot fries lies in two things:
- The cut of your fries (the thinner- the better!)
- BASIC seasoning and an AWESOME DIPPING SAUCE! I played around with a sesame sauce this time around and omg- can I just say, it’s a match made in HEAVEN.
So when you pair carrots with a sesame dipping sauce, my friends, you have a very potent combination right there.
Many of us have always heard that carrots are good for your eye sight- which is true (thanks to the beta-carotene). But because beta-carotene is fat soluble, you only really reap it’s benefits if you consume it with a good source of fat- and that’s where the sesame sauce falls in 🙂 Sprinkle some fresh herbs on top if you’d like, and you got an awesome side dish in no time at all!
- Carrots, skin on, scrubbed and washed (the skin is rich in nutrients too!)
- Coconut oil
- Roasted sesame paste
- Apple cider vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Pat your carrots dry and cut them up into “fries” (please- not too thick, nice slim fries are best for this recipe!)
- Layer them on a baking pan, drizzle some oil, a sprinkle of salt and with your hands, rub everything together until carrots are well coated with the oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes- then switch to a broil/grill mode and bake for another 2-5 minutes. I recommend you stay very close to your oven for this last step so you don’t burn your carrots! Remove carrots from oven once they look nice and semi-toasty.
- During that time, you can prepare your sesame sauce 🙂 In a bowl, mix some sesame paste*, a tiny bit of water, a tiny bit of vinegar (or even lemon), some garlic powder and mix everything until you get a sauce consistency. Add water by the droplets to achieve the right texture. TASTE AS YOU GO!
- Serve your carrot fries with the sesame sauce!