Nutella, Nutella! It’s that hazelnuty-chocolatey spread that is so iconic in certain parts of the world. Enjoyed in a crepe or on fresh bread- many of us have experienced that at one point or another.
But many of us also know that commercial Nutella is not the greatest thing in the world and doesn’t contain as much hazelnut-richness as you’d like to think.
So here’s a SUPER EASY 3 ingredient Vegan Nutella recipe that is RICH in flavour and minimally processed! Once made, it can be stored in a jar for up to one week. If you leave it in the fridge, I might firm up a little, so let it rest for 15 minutes before consuming 🙂
- 100gr/3.5oz hazelnuts
- 100gr/3.5oz non-dairy chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C. Place the hazelnuts on a tray and toast them for 5-10 minutes. Just be careful that they do not burn.
- Remove hazelnuts from oven and place them on a clean kitchen cloth/towel. Fold it in half to close the edges and “massage” the hazelnuts. Basically, you’re trying to get the skin off of the hazelnuts- and that’s the easiest way to do it 🙂 They don’t ALL have to be peeled- but the more, the better.
- Place the hazelnuts in a food processor and process until you get a very fine powder. This will obviously depend on the strength of your processor. If it’s not THAT fine, it’s still ok, it will still taste yummy 🙂
- Melt some chocolate and transfer the melted chocolate and coconut oil into the food processor (that already contains the hazelnuts) and blend again until everything is nice and smooth 🙂 And that’s it.
Obviously you guys can get creative and make some tweaks like add some vanilla or maybe a pinch of salt.
The Nutella will hold well in a jar for up to one week. If left in the fridge, you will need to let it rest for 15 minutes before consuming it.