Mug cakes, what a funny concept! For those in a hurry and craving something sweet and intimidated by the whole vegan thing… give this a try! This recipe is especially dedicated to those who think making your own food is some form of rocket science 🙂
Please note that this recipe works if you follow it. If you decide to include add-ons (like fruits etc) I cannot guarantee what the outcome may be!
Gluten-free Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake
Makes 1 large tea mug or 2 small coffee mugs
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 6 tbsp cassava flour
- 4 tsp brown cane sugar
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp plant/nut milk + 2 extra just in case
- 6 tsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients. Mix them together.
- Then add the wet ingredients (meaning milk + oil). If the batter feels too dry, add 1-2 extra tbsp of milk.
- Pour into your mugs:
- This would make 1 large tea mug or 2 coffee size mugs
- Microwave for 50 seconds if you want it gooey in the middle. Microwave it for 70 seconds if you want it soft and fluffy, with a slightly gooey top. Remove from microwave (touch to see if the mug is hot though!), enjoy!
- Please be sure to use measuring spoons.
- Do not confuse a tbsp (tablespoon) with a tsp (teaspoon)
- You can use any other flour of your choice. I can’t guarantee what the outcome will be, but I suspect “heavier” flours like wholewheat or breadfruit flour will change the outcome.
- Unsweetened cocoa can be found at every big supermarket in the baking aisle.
- You can replace brown cane sugar with coconut sugar or stevia.
- Depending on the state/condition of your microwave, you may need to extend the cooking duration.