Hai frendz! Today we’re making the most with the incredible health benefits of Sorrel- bottling all of that magic into an extra-good-for-you juice!
The beautiful Sorrel sepals/fruits are very nutritious: one cup of fresh sorrel fruit covers 12% of your Calcium DRV, 9% Magnesium DRV, 5% Iron DRV- plus packs a punch of antioxidants! Wowzers!
Combining all of the above with the super powers of chia seeds (rich in protein, Omega 3 ALA & fiber- amongst other things) makes for a nutritious drink you can make and enjoy during the day 🙂
While sorrel can be tangy, it’s easy to balance that out by using warming aromatics and certain sweeteners. Read on to make your very own Sorrel-Chia Drink!
Refreshing Sorrel Chia Seed Drink:
- 2 cups fresh sorrel- washed
- 4 cups water (adjust as necessary)
- Stevia OR softened pitted dates* OR 1 very ripe banana OR any other really sweet fruit you prefer 🙂
- 3-4 tbsp chia seeds
- Add-ons like lime, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, rose… get creative as you please!
- Add the fresh sorrel, water & sweetener of choice into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer this mixture into a bottle- add the chia seeds, close and shake well!
- If you feel it is too thick- please add more water 🙂
- Leave the bottle in the fridge overnight- for the chia seeds to expand. Enjoy!
* To prepare your dates (only if you find them too dry!) remove the pit, and place the dates in small cup of warm/hot (but not boiling) water. They will soften up in just about 15 minutes- and you can then just toss that into the blender too 🙂